Wednesday, 10 January 2024
From cult crime to the latest comedy, in the second part of our podcast blog, we have discovered more audio gems to share with you. Read on!
Following on from our last blog on podcasts, we have discovered more audio gems to share with you. So, here’s part two of our ‘what are the best podcasts’ blog, bringing you all our latest finds!
As a quick recap for anyone new to podcasts, this is a type of audio series that focuses on a certain subject. This time, we share more comedy favourites, as well as some lifestyle, crime and educational podcasts. Sit back in your favourite chair and tune in…
As before, we have started with some funny podcasts to help you relax after a busy day! Find an accent chair with a footstool, put your feet up, and get ready for a barrel of laughs:
- ‘Wolf and Owl’ is the creation of comedians Tom ‘Wolf’ and Romesh Ranganathan (the ‘Owl’). This podcast looks back at growing up in the 80s, fuelled by hilarious discussions by Wolf and Ranganathan, who are also friends. Warning: this podcast will have you in stitches!
- ‘Parenting Hell’ shares typical woes and tales from celebrity parents. Described as “misadventures in parenting (and beyond)”, this podcast is hosted by comedians, Rob Beckett and Josh Widdicombe. Originally launched during the pandemic, this podcast has become popular driving entertainment for parents up and down the land.
- ‘Wheel of Misfortune’ is a funny podcast that explores every aspect of the human condition. Comedians, Fern Brady and Alison Spittle, share stories on everything from parents to parties to funerals and bad dates. Voice notes from listeners are played, and a guest comedian joins Brady and Spittle each week.
Lifestyle and learning
Do you like to stretch your grey matter? Maybe you’re someone who loves helpful hints and tips? We’ve found some great lifestyle and educational podcasts to kickstart your braincells! Perfect for a sunny weekend relaxing in the garden before autumn sets in. Simply kick back on your fave garden furniture and start listening:
- ‘On Purpose’ is hosted by Jay Shetty and focuses on topics such as productivity, creating positive habits and ways to reduce stress. Shetty has discussions with some of the world’s most insightful people. High-profile celebrity guests feature, which have included Alicia Keys and Khloe Kardashian.
- ‘Earn Your Happy’ is a practical and supportive podcast to help you with different aspects of your life and those tough conversations. Learn how to navigate different dynamics with family and friends, so you can live a happier life. This podcast also explores how you can promote your business for aspiring entrepreneurs.
- ‘Womanica’ - over hundreds of years, history has focused mainly on male achievements. This podcast readdresses the balance and looks at women’s expertise and those who have made a difference. Learn about female feats in music, activism and more.
Love solving a murder or playing detective? There are some interesting crime classics available as podcasts, where you can hone your investigative skills. You’ll soon be engrossed, so you’ll need to snuggle up in a comfy power recliner for this type of podcast.
- ‘Crime Show’ tells a variety of sometimes bizarre stories about people that involve incidents involving different types of crimes. This podcast will test your imagination, and some episodes even mention ghosts!
- ‘Serial’ is a longstanding podcast that delves into a real-life crime case, including the day-to-day proceedings of a US courtroom. Back in 2014, the first series was groundbreaking and changed the podcast world forever. Hosted by Sarah Koenig, discussions focus on forensic evidence, alibis and what makes a murderer.
- ‘Filthy Ritual’ is a compelling listen and tells the story of Juliette D’Souza, who swindled numerous wealthy people in Hampstead, one of London’s richest areas. D’Souza’s intricate scams are shared by expert hosts and likeable interviewees.
There are zillions of podcasts, so we hope our latest suggestions have whet your appetite! The easiest way to start your podcast journey is to choose a topic that interests you and go from there. Before you tune into your fave podcast, make sure you are sitting comfortably. And if you want a new armchair or sofa, you’ve come to the right place!
Need a new recliner chair, occasional chair or office chair? For advice, speak to our friendly customer service team or use our online web chat tool.