Tuesday, 07 May 2019
If you are anything like our families, Father’s Day celebrations follow a typical pattern.
First, we usually wake Dad up with a funny card and breakfast in bed. Next, we hand over a humorous gift (joke socks) along with a bottle of something nice, followed by a dog walk in the country, a traditional pub lunch and a nap in the armchair! Although this may tick some of the boxes, in recent years people have been moving away from standard gifts, as they look to make their beloved dad feel extra special.
In this month’s blog, we look at why giving your dad a chair for Father’s Day could be a great option. A chair is a meaningful and memorable gift that your dad can enjoy long after his special day. Why not give him a better way to relax while he’s watching the television, reading the newspaper, or sitting back with a nice cold beer? We reckon every dad deserves a new favourite chair…
Here are our top five chairs, which we feel could make great Father’s Day gifts:
Rockingham Rise Recliner
1. The Rockingham Rise-Recliner is sure to be a big hit with hard-working dads everywhere. Even at first sight, you can see that this top-of-the-range, dual motor chair is pure luxury, with heated seat and massage options. Its soft padding and lumbar support will enable him to sit comfortably, whether upright or reclining, and it even has a drinks holder to keep things tidy while he lies back for a quick snooze! This sort of chair would be right at home in the living room in front of a big TV screen for sporty dads who like to watch the latest match. The Rockingham would also be a perfect addition for a study with its soft brown, bonded leather upholstery.
Attenborough Compact Push Back Recliner Chair
2. If you think your dad would love a recliner, but his sitting space is on the small side, go for the Attenborough compact push back. This is still a fabulous premium chair but requires less room than a dual motor model. It is simple to use - just push back and the chair reclines whilst raising your feet at the same time. The smart, black bonded leather will look great in a lounge or a ‘man den’, and it will keep your dad supported when he reclines to watch a good film or catch up on the sports. What’s more, it also boasts a drinks holder for that well-earned beer!
Ascott Recliner Armchair
3. Is your father a stylish man, who would appreciate the heritage look of a timeless classic? If so, then we think he’ll love the Ascott recliner in brown. This chair’s traditional styling and undeniable comfort will suit a dad with a fancy study and a love for the finer things in life. Maybe he still likes to sit up and read a paper newspaper, instead of catching up on the news online? We can imagine this type of dad enjoying the peace and quiet of a nice view from the Ascott with a cup of tea - or something a bit stronger... And, when it’s time for a rest, he can lie back and listen to his favourite piece of music or watch a classic film.
4. On the other hand, some dads love nothing better than a good nap on a weekend afternoon when all the jobs are done. If this sounds like your dad, then take a look at the Keston electric recliner. The cosy, jumbo cord upholstery on this chair is guaranteed to make him feel so comfortable, he’ll drop straight off to sleep. And, for total comfort, the Keston reclines to almost flat at the push of a button, so your dad will be snoozing happily away for hours…
5. However, not all dads are the napping type! Our last highly recommended chair is the sporty GT FORCE Evo CT. This option is for younger dads – or young at heart - who still enjoy gaming either on their own or with the kids. This quality chair is fully adjustable, superbly supportive, and is built to last with a sturdy metal frame. What’s more, this chair will be a great talking point for all the family, due to its futuristic, racing car styling. And, if your dad isn’t a gamer but has a passion for cars, this chair would make an ideal gift for the home or office and is available in several colour options.
If you need help finding the perfect chair for your dad this Father’s Day, please see our extensive range of products. Contact us either by phone, email or web chat between 9 am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Our helpful Customer Service Team are waiting to assist you with their wealth of expert knowledge and experience. All our chairs come with a fantastic 12-month warranty, and we have a 30-day return policy too.