Tuesday, 19 December 2023
There are several benefits of buying a metal bed frame, from comfort to mattress support and style? We look at why you should buy a metal bed.
If you are looking to upgrade your current bed, then it’s worth considering this type of bed frame. From comfort to mattress support and style options, we share six big advantages of choosing a metal bed for your bedroom.
Comfortable for sleeping
Our number one benefit of buying a metal bed frame is comfort. After all, you are going to spend a large part of your life asleep, so comfort is key! Metal bed frames with solid metal slats are highly supportive for your body. In fact, solid metal slatted bases easily outperform traditional sprung wooden slatted bed frames.
Sturdy base for your mattress
A solid metal slatted base is also supportive for your mattress. It provides a robust base to keep your mattress in place. This is important for comfort because a poor base will affect the performance of your mattress. Wide wooden slats can easily warp or break over time, causing imperfections in the mattress and poorer sleep quality.
Metal beds come in different styles
Metal is a malleable material, allowing for an infinite array of different styles and designs. We have listed a few trending bed frames below:
- Modern – simple shaping and a minimalist design makes modern metal beds stand out and shine! This type of bed will blend in seamlessly with a multitude of different décor schemes. Simply upgrade your furnishings for a new look.
- 4-poster – a clever take on a classic style, the modern 4-poster bed is designed with simplicity in mind. Made from solid steel, you can dress this bed up by draping fabric across the frame or just leave it as it is.
- Traditional – the classic bed with brass bed knobs still oozes appeal to those young and old! This type of bed never goes out of fashion and is likely to stay with your family for generations.
- Vintage – Victorian hospital-style metal beds are bang on trend and echo the dormitories of yesteryear. This style goes with a variety of interior design schemes. The curved headboard and detailing will stand the test of time.
- Antique – let’s talk about finishes for a moment. Antique brass is a beautiful finish that gives metal beds a stunning aesthetic. This option is available on many of the above bed frames.
Low footboard and headboard
There are a range of metal beds that offer greater flexibility over your sleeping arrangements. Single metal beds with low footboards and headboards can be pushed together to create a wider bed with separate mattresses. Low platform beds are a great solution for couples that wake each other up during the night. This type of bed is also ideal for tall people who find their toes tend to stick out of the duvet!
Available with guest trundles
Many metal beds are also available with pull-out beds for guests. Known as a trundle, this low-level bed is stored underneath the bed frame. As a spare bed, it’s ideal for when you have guests staying overnight and children’s sleepovers. Guest trundles are a great space saver for small, modern homes or if you don’t have a spare room.
Underbed storage spaces
Asides from bed models that come with pull-out trundle beds for guests, many metal beds have handy storage space underneath. This is ideal for compact bedrooms where you need space-saving solutions. A good-sized area underneath a bed frame can be used for storing seasonal clothing, spare bedlinen, shoes, and other items.
A metal bed frame is highly durable, providing you with the comfort you need to get a good night’s sleep. When you’re choosing your bed frame, consider your bedroom décor scheme. Your bed will be the largest piece of furniture in the room, so it’s important to pick the right style. Choose a quality bed frame with a solid metal slatted base. Check your mattress size before buying a bed, and make sure the bed frame fits within your bedroom too.
Metal beds add a touch of class to any bedroom. At Furniture Online, we’ve recently launched a brand-new collection of beds and mattresses. We have metal bed frames to suit a wide range of different bedroom styles. Whether you prefer an antique finish, a modern four-poster frame or a trendy hospital style bed, we have a great choice available.
If you’re looking for a new bed frame, check out our metal bed collection. Speak to our friendly customer service team for advice or use our online web chat tool.