Tuesday, 10 January 2023
As we approach spring, now is the perfect time to be organised. Are you struggling to find creative ways to clean up your house?
As we approach spring, now is the perfect time to be organised. Are you struggling to find creative ways to clean up your house? We look at one stylish solution – the Ottoman.
Declutter your home
A cluttered room leads to a cluttered mind, as the saying goes. So, before we explore the benefits of the versatile ottoman, let’s start by looking at some practical housekeeping tips:
1. Don’t get overwhelmed at the thought of tidying up. Start by focusing on one small area of your home, such as a cupboard. Once you enjoy the satisfying feeling of achieving a tidy space, you will feel motivated to move on to another area.
2. Diarise your house in advance. If this fills you with dread, then set a timer for 10 minutes and spend that time cleaning one particular zone. See how you feel and repeat there and then, or on another day. Regular decluttering will make a difference.
3. Similar to the above approach, grab a rubbish bag and set a time for you to go around your home and grab any clutter. Once you’ve filled the bag, you can then sit down with a hot cuppa and decide on what to do with all the items you’ve collected.
4. Start with items that have zero emotional value. Never start tidying up by looking at sentimental things first, or you’ll get distracted. Put these in a pile to review later on. Create three piles, label them ‘Keep’, ‘Charity’ and ‘Bin’, and sort accordingly.
5. Everything should have its place. Decide on a location for every type of item, whether it’s a stationery draw, cleaning cupboard or storage furniture. This means you will always be able to find what you’re looking for too, saving you time and stress.
Hideaway toys, books, games
A simple, practical and stylish solution for decluttering your home is the ottoman. This is a type of storage bench, which comes in a range of different designs and styles. Many models have a good-sized space hidden under a padded lid, providing extra storage and which can also be used as a seat. There’s plenty of room for everyday clutter, such as magazines, stationery, TV controllers and books, as well as your little one’s toys and games.
Brighten up tired rooms
Ottomans come in a range of gorgeous colours and fabrics, which means you can easily mix and match to almost any interior decor scheme. Although traditionally a piece of bedroom furniture, nowadays you can use one in any room. You’ll be spoilt for choice as there are so many different styles to choose from. Buy a beautiful velvet ottoman for the bedroom, a neutral linen ottoman for your hallway or a vibrant blue ottoman for your living room.
Improve your wellbeing
The ottoman can help you create a relaxing and serene sanctuary in your bedroom. Providing you with dust-free storage for bed linen and pillows, shoes and clothes, you can hideaway items within gorgeous upholstery. This enables you to keep your bedroom clear and tidy, allowing you to fully relax and unwind. As ottomans are available in a range of fabrics, from luxurious velvet to practical linen, simply choose one to suit your room style.
Comfy end-of-bed bench
Not only do ottomans provide a flourish of colour to your home, but they are a very useful form of seating. Most ottomans have a foam padded seat, so you can sit down in comfort. In the bedroom, a pretty ottoman can be used to help you put on your socks and shoes, especially if you suffer from arthritis and cannot stand for long. And in the living room, you could place a practical storage bench under a window seat to store everyday items.
We all know how it feels when clutter builds up at home, but with the right furniture, you can get super-organised before Spring and enjoy a clutter-free home. Our ottomans will help you store away items, as well as brightening up your bedroom and living room.
Our Ottoman range gives you a stylish way to hideaway clutter? If you need help, contact our friendly customer service team by using our online web chat tool.